Classic summer treat that nourishes the body in the summer heat.
Effect: Ginseng and cucumber are complementary ingredients as ginseng releases heat while cucumber absorbs heat.
- 20 grams 6-year old, straight ginseng roots
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 seedless cucumber (8 rolls per cucumber, 15-cm slice)
- 200 grams enoki mushrooms
- 20 grams red dates (a.k.a. Chinese date, Korean date, jujube)
- 20 grams fresh chestnuts
- 20 grams walnuts
- 10 grams pine nuts
- 2 grams red ginseng extract
- Cut ginseng to 2-centimeter julienne. Soak in honey for 3 hours then drain.
- Cut cucumber to long, 4 thin slices with a vegetable peeler. Cut in half to create 8 slices of 15-centimeter length each.
- Cut enoki mushrooms to 8-centimeter length.
- Remove seeds from red dates and cut to julienne of 2-centimeter length.
- Peel chestnuts. Cut to 2-centimeter slices and julienne.
- Cut walnuts to thin slices.
- Remove pine nut caps and cut in half lengthwise.
- Place honey-soaked ginseng julienne, enoki mushrooms, red date julienne, chestnut julienne, walnut slices and half-pine nuts on cucumber slices. Roll tightly.
- Make red ginseng sauce by adding red ginseng extract in the ginseng-soaked honey from Step 1.
- To serve, brush the sauce on a plate and place the ginseng rolls.