Green tea is an essential drink that helps monks stay focused and mindful during meditation.
Effect: The dish is full of yin energy from tofu and radish. It is balanced with sancho pepper garnish pickled in soy sauce that is aged for 10 years. Green tea also helps release fat from the body.
Ingredient note: Radish is a natural digestive. Pickled sancho pepper is good for people with cold bodies, especially cold hands and feet.
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 grams green tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon Korean red pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 150 grams Korean radish mu (무), cut to 3.5×3.5×0.5 centimeter slices
- 300 grams firm tofu, cut to 3.5×3.5×2 centimeter slices
- 120 grams soaked shiitake mushroom, cut to 6 slices per mushroom
- 10 grams green pepper, cut to 0.1 centimeter bias slices
- 10 grams red pepper, cut to 0.1 centimeter bias slices
- Make green tea sauce by mixing vegetable stock, green tea leaves, Korean red pepper powder, sesame seeds and salt.
- In a pan, place radish slices on the bottom then tofu and shitake mushrooms on top. Pour over green tea sauce. Cook over low heat until the seasoning is thoroughly infused and liquid is reduced.
- Garnish with green and red pepper slices and rest before serving.