Dry mixture of different herbs, eggplants, and dry pumpkins covered in soysauce and sesame oil dressing.
- 50 grams sun-dried aster scaber (취나물 chwi namul)
- 50 grams sun-dried fernbrake (고사리 gosari)
- 50 grams sun-dried Korean squash (호박고지 hobak goji)
- 15 liters water plus more for soaking
- 3 tablespoons Korean soup soy sauce (국간장 guk gan jang)*
- 6 tablespoons ground perilla seeds
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 cups water
* Korean soup soy sauce (국간장 guk gan jang) has a lighter color and a deeper, saltier flavor than regular soy sauce.
- Mix all seasoning ingredients and set aside.
- For aster scaber salad, add 50 grams of aster scaber with 5 liters of water in a pot and boil for 1.5 hours. Drain and soak in cold water to bloom. Squeeze excess water then cut to 5-centimeter length.
- Add 1/3 of the seasoning sauce in a pot and add bloomed and drained aster scaber. Cook over low heat until the sauce is reduced to ¼ of the original amount.
- Repeat the same procedure with fernbrake salad and squash salad separately.