Lotus root salad made with a special dressing by Venerable Jeok Mun.
Effect: In the Korean temple cuisine, lotus root is used as an ingredient to help clear and improve the mind and the body.
PERILLA SEEDS help prevent dementia and improve atherosclerosis and skin condition. Preserved Japanese apricot helps with digestion.
- 120 grams lotus root
- 120 grams red radish
- 120 grams Asian pear
- 120 grams cucumber
- 120 grams cherry tomato
- 120 grams bok choy
- 120 grams chicory
- 120 grams iceberg lettuce
- 50 grams fresh ginseng
- 5 tablespoons ground perilla seeds
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons preserved Japanese apricot extract (매실청 mae shil chung)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Peel lotus root and Asian pear and cut to thin slices. Cut cucumber to julienne with skin on.
- Cut red radish and cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Cut bok choy, chicory and lettuce into bite size. Dip in ice water then drain.
- Make the dressing by blending all the ingredients for the dressing to a smooth consistency.
- To serve, arrange vegetables on a plate and drizzle dressing on top.